Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress
- The many faces of Trauma
- How we get stuck in Trauma
- Types of Trauma
- Causes of Trauma
- Recognizing the Fruit of Trauma
- The Devastating Effects of Trauma
- Trauma and DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
- How a Stronghold develops and how to dismantle it
- Breaking agreements, Covenants with Death
- Prayers to release Trauma
HEALING TRAUMA OF THE SHATTERED SOUL
Definition — FRIGHTENING EVENTS which are outside of ordinary human experience and cannot be organized on a linguistic level. In other words:
1) These memories overwhelm the normal data processing mechanisms of the brain.
2) The brain is therefore unable to translate them into words.
3) These memories thus get stored separate from narrative memory.
4) They get stored as raw data just as they are received through the five senses.
2 TYPES OF TRAUMA
TYPE A: Ex. lack of needs; value, security, unconditional love and acceptance, nurture, care etc.
TYPE B: Ex. Abuse (verbal- physical- sexual), death, separation, divorce, Accidents, Betrayal, War… The recall of TRAUMATIC memory.
1-These memories cannot be voluntarily recalled.
2-They may be evoked automatically — or triggered — in situations that are reminiscent of the original trauma.
Because the memory was never processed by the Hippocampus, but was stored in its raw sensory and effective form, it can only be recalled as a virtual replay of the emotions and physical senses of the original event.
It will feel to the survivor as if the event is re-occurring in the present.